The Integrated program of Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Masters of Technology (M.Tech) is a five-year academic course that aims at preparing technologists and engineers in all branches with the required management skills.
What is B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course?
- This course is basically designed for optimistic students who want to exceed in the field of science and engineering.
- The dual degree course provides the essential skills and knowledge to the students to make them ‘specialists’ in particular areas of technology.
- The Integrated course of B.Tech and M.tech completely focuses on the fundamentals for the grooming of the students.
- The course usually targets providing mathematical and metallurgical principles and their application. Other functionalities of this process involve the development, design, and operational evaluation of metal components of load-bearing, transmission, power, structural, and moving system to the students
B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course Duration:
- The curriculum of the Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech program is usually a five-year-long course that is divided into ten semesters.
- The course offers aspirants the opportunity to pursue B.Tech and M.Tech degrees together after completion of 5 years duration.
- The students will be taught the B.Tech curriculum for the first six semesters and the M.Tech curriculum for the remaining four semesters.
- The program comprises core subjects, electives, and practical.
- The B.Tech course is usually for a duration of four years and M.Tech takes two more years. But if the candidates go for a dual degree B.Tech and M.Tech program, then they are saving one year of the course.
Why Integrate B.Tech+M.Tech?
- The main objective of the Integrated program of B.Tech and M.Tech is to provide specialized knowledge and innovative perspective to the students.
- The course facilitates the students to imagine expertly in an innovative approach and grow up with creative ideas to deal with engineering dilemmas like creep, alloy behavior, stress, environmental variations, failure, optimal manufacturing process, electromagnetic and thermodynamic characteristics, and stability.
- It equips the learners with managerial and research skills.
- In the five-year span, this program essentially deals with the higher technological aspects of the elected specialization where the individual’s technical and practical abilities must be examined.
The B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course holders can specialize themselves in different Engineering fields including:-
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical or Informational Technology etc.
B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for the students who want to pursue the integrated B.Tech and M.Tech course is as follows:
- Age- The age of the applicant must lie between 19 years to 23 years of age.
- Education Qualification- The students must have passed intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology from any recognized board.
- The minimum percentile required for taking admission in this program is 50- 60 %.
- The aspirants need to clear the JEE Mains or several other state-level examinations.
Admission Process of B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course:
- The candidates can seek entry in this course by qualifying for JEE Mains or JEE Advanced/LPU-NEST.
- After qualifying for the exam, the applicants are required to go through the counseling process to complete the admission procedure.
- For direct admissions in colleges, the aspirants need to sit in the entrance tests conducted by the college/university.
- Then, the students have to download the application form of the selected college/university through their website.
Here are some important dates that a candidate needs to remember for taking admission in this dual degree course:
||Date to Remember
|Online Registration starts
||First Week of January
|Online Registration ends - Schedule I
||Last week of January
|Last date of submission of the Application form
|LPUNEST - Schedule I
|LPU-NEST - Online Registration Starts on - Schedule II
|LPU-NEST - Dates of Entrance Examination - Schedule I
|JEE Main Exam
|JEE Main Exam (Paper 2)
|January Results (JEE Main I)
|April Registrations (JEE Main II)
|The date for the final transaction of a fee (April exam)
||February - March
|April Exam (JEE Main II)
|JEE Main April exam results (JEE Main II)
B.Tech+M.Tech Integrated Course Syllabus & Subjects:
- The syllabus of the Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech program has been designed as per the needs and demands of the Industry.
- The curriculum usually covers core courses, electives, and practicals.
- The course delivers a well-balanced program by consolidating practical subjects along with classroom lectures.
The syllabus for this program is as follows:
|Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Materials
||Heterogeneous & homogeneous systems
|Extensive & intensive properties
|The first law of thermodynamics
|constant volume & constant pressure processes
|Physics of Materials
||Failure of classical physics
|black body radiation
|early experiments exhibiting quantum effects
||Definition and scope of engineering economics
|Indian tax system
|functions of RBI
|demand, supply, cost, competition
|Fundamentals of Materials Processing
||Overview of various processing methods for materials
|micro macrosegregation in alloys
|Phase Transformation in Metals
||Thermodynamic order of transformations
|the theory of nucleation -kinetics of homogeneous,
|transient & heterogeneous nucleation
|Theory of thermally activated growth
|Phase Equilibria in Materials
||Iron-carbon phase diagram & microstructures of plain carbon steel & cast iron,
|Binary ceramic systems
|Lever rule & free energy of phase mixtures
Colleges Offering Integrated B.Tech + M.Tech Programme:
- Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, [IIT (ISM)] Dhanbad
- Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, (IIIT) Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, (NIT) Rourkela
- SASTRA University, Thanjavur
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology, (ASET) Noida
- IIMT College of Technology and Management, Agra
Career Options After B.Tech+M.Tech Dual Degree:
- A bachelor’s degree can offer desired jobs to the candidates but most of the industries require experience.
- A master's degree can help the aspirants to get more reputed jobs and good salary packages, but if someone goes for Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech program, then he can surely get an excellent job as soon as possible and a dual degree as well.
- Candidates can even get government jobs by qualifying GATE exam after the course.
- In the private sector, the students can get jobs in companies such as NTPC, BPCL, BHEL, IOCL, HPCL, Power Grid Corporation, MDL, GAIL, Steel Authority of India, NLC, Vizag Steel plant, BSPHCL, NFL, NPCC, CEL, MECL, and more.
- There are numerous job opportunities for the B.Tech + M.Tech degree holders for their bright careers. They can get jobs in the following profiles by the top recruiters: