5 min read read
DCAD Course: The DCAD full form is Diploma in Computer Application and Designing Course. It is three months to one-year Diploma Course in the field of Computer Applications, Designing, and manufacturing using Computer Applications. The course consists of the study of various computer applications and Softwares like Database Management System, MS Office, Internet Applications, Operating System, HTML and Designing Softwares like Adobe-Photoshop and CorelDraw.
It is a completely tech-based course and provides practical knowledge about Information Technology. The aim of designing the DCAD Course is to educate the students about the basic aspects of IT and Computer Applications. This program helps a beginner to conceive the idea of using a computer for basic purposes like preparing the personnel or Business letters, Surfing information on the internet, preparing formal presentations, receiving and sending official/unofficial Mails, preparing small databases. This course eases the period of working in a corporate organization by teaching basic computer skills needed while working in a corporate organization.
Anyone who has completed his/her Higher Secondary education with a decent percentage is eligible to apply for this course.
|DCAD Course Overview|
|DCAD Full Form||Diploma in Computer Application & Designing|
|DCAD Duration||3 months -1 year|
|DCAD Application Mode||Offline/Online|
|DCAD Eligibility||Passing marks in 10+2 exams or any equivalent examinations|
|DCAD Fees||Rs 5000 to Rs 40,000|
Candidates who have completed their higher secondary education or equivalent education with passing marks can opt for this course. Anyone who has an ITI, Btech, or Diploma degree can also apply for this course.
Admission Process of Course:
Candidates can directly apply for this course using online or offline mode, The student can either visit the official website of the college or institute to enroll themselves in the course by filling the application form and required documents like a 10+2 mark sheet or equivalent exam mark sheet, Graduation Marksheet (if applied), Aadhar Card and Passport size Photographs.
To apply offline the students can visit the admission office of the desired college/institute and fill a form.
The major Subjects of the DCAD Course are as follows:
|List of Computer Degree Programs|
|CCA Course||ADCP Course||DCCA Course|
|DCTT Course||ACC Course||C Level Course|
|O Level Course||PGDCA Course||ADCA Course|
|ECC Course||DCA Course||CCC Course|
|Fundamentals of Computer||• Introduction of Computer
• Computer Generations
• Evolution of the Computer, Types of Computer
• Basic Applications of Computer
• Characteristics of Computers
• Classification of Computers,
• Input / Output Devices
• Concept of Hardware & Software
• Digital Number System
• Components of a Computer System, Computer Memories System
• Binary System
• Network, IECT, E-Governance
• Computer Virus & Vaccines / Anti-Virus
|MS-Windows 7||• Introduction, Different Versions of Windows 7
• Basic Elements of Opening Screen, Elements of a window
• WordPad, Notepad, MS-Paint, Calculator, Character Map, Control Panel,
• Windows Accessories
• Switching between two windows, Searching Files/Folders, Windows Explorer, Folder, Recycle Bin, StartMenu
• Use of Network, Disk Defragment, Personal Folders, Shortcut Keys, Exercise
|MS-DOS/Free-DOS||• Introduction of MS-DOS/Free-DOS
• File Naming
• Internal Commands and External Commands
|MS-Windows - 10||• Introduction, Release, and New Features
• User Interface and desktop
• System and Security
• Online Services
• and functionality
• Multimedia and Gaming
• DirectX 12, System Requirements, Exercise
|Internet||• Introduction, WWW, Web Browsing Software, Configuring Web Browser, Search Engines, Downloading
• Web Page, About E-mail, Using E-mail, Handling Spam, Social Networking, Send SMS on Mobile.
|HTML||• Intro of HTML, Different Tags, Creating Lists, Formatting of Text, Creating Hypertext Links, Table.|
|Multimedia||• Introduction of Multimedia, VGA, Sound Card, Use of Removable Disk, CD/ DVD, Burning, Exercise.|
|MS-Office 2013||• Introduction to MS-Office 2013
• Introduction of MS- Office, Installation of MS Office, First View of Microsoft Office 2010, New File Extensions, etc.
|MS Word||• Intro of MS-Word, Menus, Advanced Formatting, Editing Document, Table in Document, Insert the Object,
• Mail Merge, Saving Document, Printing Document, Shortcuts Keys.
|MS Excel||• Introduction to MS-Excel, Menus, Operator & Functions
• Cell Formatting, Working with formulas and cell
• Scenario Manager, List Box, Goal Seek, Validation, Macro, Printing Worksheet, Shortcut Keys.
• Auto sum, Formatting to worksheet, Graphic Objects, charts, databases, Sorting, Filtering.
|MS Powerpoint||• Introduction to MS- PowerPoint, Menus, Formatting, Drawing, Editing slides, Changing templates, Slide
• Microsoft PowerPoint, Understanding Animation and Action Buttons.
• Layouts, Inserting Clipart, Sound and Movies into Slides, Add, Rearrange and Delete Slides, Printing
|MS-Access||• Introduction to MS-Access, Menus, Create a Database Using Template, Create Table, Form, Query,
• The report, Pages and Macro, Table Sorting and Filtering, Database Security.
|MS-Publisher||• Introduction to MS- Publisher, Menus, Create a Certificate, Greetings Card using Templates.|
|DTP(Desktop Publishing)||• Concept of DTP
• Introduction, Parts of a letter, Hardware Requirements, Beginning a Design, Making Small Advertisement.
|Adobe PageMaker 7||• Introduction, its Features
• PageMaker 7 Program Window
•Working in PageMaker
• Working with Text,
• Importing Text, Importing Graphics, Saving the Publication, Closing the Publication
• Graphics, Grouping and Ungrouping Elements, Lock Objects, Links, Table of contents, Printing a Publication, Exercise.
• The Story Editor, Editing Mistakes, Changing the Font, Aligning the Text or Paragraph, Style Sheets, Bullets and numbering, Indents, Tab Stops, Auto Flow, Master Pages, Working with Columns
|Corel Draw X5||• Introduction, Getting Started with CorelDraw, The Corel DRAW Screen, Work Area, and Printable Page,
• Importing/Exporting Images, Changing the Page Size, Changing the Page Background.
• Toolbox, Drawing Basic Geometric Figures, Saving a File, Closing a File, Views.
• Getting Started with the Project, Getting Started with the Book Cover, Bitmap, and Vector Images
|Adobe Photoshop CS||• Introduction, Getting Started with Photoshop, Opening an Existing File, The Photoshop Program Window
• The Toolbox, Creating a New File, Saving Files, Reverting Files, Closing Files, Bitmap, and Vector
• The Magic Wand Tool, The Grow and Similar Command Moving a Selection Filing Selection
• Tool, The Paint Bucket Tool, The Editing Tools, The Eraser Tools, Layers, Layer Effects, Type, Use of Filter
• Images, Editing Images, Color Modes, The Color Picker Palette, The Selection Tools, The Lasso Tools,
• Transforming Selection, Inverting a Selection, The Painting Tools, The History Palette, The Gradient
|Use of Digital Camera, Printing Works, Scanning||N/A|
DCAD is a short term advanced computer and designing diploma course and has many career scopes in the IT and Corporate fields with various job prospects like:
After DCAD Average Salary:
The average salary offered to a DCAD Course student starts from Rs 1.5 lacs per annum to Rs 3 lacs per annum.
Copyright @2021. www.collegedisha.com . All rights reserved