B.Tech Entrance Registration Form 2022: There are several National and State level colleges that offer the B.Tech and B.E Courses and candidates who want to fill in the B.Tech Entrance Application Form must check with the eligibility criteria of the Entrance exams.
Most Colleges accept National level entrance exams like JEE Main for admission of the students to the B.Tech Course. However many State Level and Private Engineering Colleges conduct their own Entrance exams and candidates who want to fill in the B.Tech Entrance Online form can get the details of the Admission process from the College website.
B.Tech Entrance Application Form 2022:
Many Private Engineering colleges do not take any Entrance exams for admission of the candidates to the B.Tech courses. In some Colleges, both the National level and the State level Entrance exam scores are accepted for the B.Tech Entrance Registration Form. Some Engineering Institutes accept Multiple Entrance exam scores that include both National level and State level exam scores.
There is also B.tech colleges for candidates who want to apply for their desired Engineering course on the basis of the marks obtained in the Class 12 exams. For such colleges, there is no need for the candidates to appear for an Entrance exam and the admission takes place directly.
Eligibility for B.Tech Registration Form 2022:
Candidates who want to fill in the B.Tech Entrance Application Form must check the eligibility criteria for the desired courses. The eligibility requirements for most of the B.Tech colleges are more or less the same. However, some top B.Tech Colleges like IITs and NITs have their own criteria for admission.
B.Tech Entrance Registration - Eligibility:
- Candidates must qualify for the Class 12 exams in the Science stream from a recognized Board.
- Candidates must qualify for the Higher Secondary exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must secure a minimum of 50% marks in the Class 12 Board exams.
- Candidates applying for Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering must have Biology as one of the compulsory subjects.
B.Tech Entrance Online Form - Eligibility for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Candidates must be born on or after 1st October 1996.
- Candidates have qualified for the Class 12 Board exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must secure at least 75% overall aggregate in the Class 12 Board exams with 65% in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths separately.
- Candidates must be within the top 20 percentile of the total number of candidates in the Class.
- Candidates must secure a valid score in the JEE (Advanced) exams.
B.Tech Entrance form - Eligibility for National Institute of Technology (NIT)
- Candidates must qualify for the JEE mains exam with Physics and Maths as the compulsory subjects.
- Candidates must get a valid score in the JEE mains exam.
- Admission is based on the JEE mains score and JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
How to Apply for B.Tech Entrance Registration form 2022:
Most of the top B.Tech colleges will accept candidates on the basis of the JEE mains score. However, there are several State Level Colleges that conduct their own entrance exams and aspiring candidates must qualify for these exams to become eligible for the B.Tech Entrance Application Form.
Steps for Applying for B.Tech Entrance Application form 2022:
- Go to the official website of the College that you want to take B.Tech Admission.
- Download the Application form.
- Make the Application fee payment through any of the given modes Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking/UPI.
- Upload necessary documents and passport size photographs in the given format.
- Submit the B.Tech Entrance Application form within the given date.
Documents required for B.Tech Entrance Registration Form:
- Class 10th marksheet and Certificate
- Class 12th marksheet and Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Character Certificate, Migration Certificate, and Transfer Certificate
- Photo ID proof of the candidate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Caste category Certificate of the candidate(if applicable)
- Physical disability certificate of the candidate (if applicable)
B.Tech Application Process for The Top Institutes in India:
Candidates who have filled in the B.Tech Entrance Application form have to appear for the Joint Entrance Computer-based exams. Post exam admission to the different Institutes is given below:
Steps for IIT B.Tech Admission:
- Candidates must qualify for the JEE Mains exam that is conducted by the National Testing Agency. The first 1,00,000 to 2,50,000 candidates will be shortlisted for the JEE Advanced exams while the remaining candidates who have qualified for the JEE main can apply to other premier Institutions for the B.Tech course.
- Candidates have to appear for the JEE Advanced exams conducted by the IIT by filling in the B.Tech Entrance Application form.
- Candidates who qualify for the JEE Advanced exam with the required score can apply for admission to IITs.
- Candidates can apply for JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) counselling. After this, they will be allotted seats at IIT depending upon their ranks in the JEE Advanced Exam.
- Candidates must download the provisional admission form.
- Selected candidates have to pay the fees for IIT to block their seats and save the online receipt.
- Candidates have to undergo the final document verification process and visit the Institute in which their seat has been allotted.
Steps for NIT B.Tech Admission:
- Candidates have to fill the B.Tech Entrance Application form and appear for the JEE Mains exam conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- Candidates who have qualified for the JEE Mains exam have to appear for the JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) counselling after the declaration of the results.
- Candidates have to check the cut-off marks for their desired B.Tech course admission to the NITs.
- Candidates who have the required score for NIT can download the provisional admission form and make the fee payment online. Payment of the Acceptance fee is a way of blocking the seat for the B.Tech course in NIT.
- After the fee payment, candidates have to undergo the Document verification process.
- Candidates then have to visit the respective NITs where they want to take admission.
B.Tech Admission process for the top Institutes (other than IITs and NITs)
- The Admission process for the top B.Tech Institutes includes filling in the B.Tech Entrance Online form and appearing for the National level Entrance exam JEE main. Candidates can also appear for the State Level Entrance exams for admission to the State-based Engineering Institutes.
- JEE mains score is accepted by the top B.Tech Institutes of India.
- After securing the required cut-off marks, candidates can fill in the B.Tech Entrance Application form and pay the fee through the given mode.
- Selected candidates will have to appear for the document verification process for the final stage of admission.
B.Tech Admission for the Private Engineering Institutes:
- Candidates who are opting for admission to the top Private Engineering Institutes can fill in the B.Tech Entrance Application form for the JEE mains exam. It is also possible to secure admission to the top colleges through the Class 12 Board exam scores.
- Some Private Institutes conduct their own Entrance exams and candidates can fill in the B.Tech Entrance Registration form by visiting the website of that particular Institute.
- Candidates have to upload the necessary documents and pay the fee as a part of the application process.
- Candidates who have secured a valid score in the Entrance exams can appear for the document verification process and Personal Interview (conducted by some colleges).
- Selected candidates can complete the B.Tech Admission formalities for their desired stream at the Private Engineering Institute.
- Some Private Engineering Colleges like Anna University will admit candidates on the basis of their Class 12 Board exam percentage.
- Eligible candidates have to fill in the Admission forms and make the online fee payment.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the document verification process to get admission to their desired stream of Engineering.
The above findings indicate that the Admission process for the different B. Tech Institutes are different. However, most of the recognized colleges or Universities will enrol candidates on the basis of the National level Entrance exam score of JEE mains. Some Regional colleges accept the State Level B.Tech Entrance exam score while for some Private and Deemed to be Universities, admission to the 4-year B.Tech degree program is based on the score of the candidate in the Class 12 Board exam.